Wednesday 15 October 2008

Institutional Research (IPC SouthBank)

The Production Company that I have chosen to base my lifestyle magazine on is therefore IPC. IPC have produced a wide range of lifestyle magazines, especially the main magazine of which I have chosen to focus and study on.
For my magazine to be able to gain their audience, I would have to have to focus my magazine upon an institutional publisher that had produced successful magazines that already target an audience with aspirations of a glamorous lifestyle. IPC South Bank is suitable for my magazine, as it already produces a life style magazine’s alike Marie Claire which is very similar to the one in which I want to create. However the use of producing home interest and fashion aswell as women's lifestyle magazine all contribute to the way in which the magazine suggest our aspiration of life. Other products that IPC have been produced by IPC are, InStyle, Wedding Magazine, Ideal Home and Housetohome.
There are some key factors that can affect the type of adverts published in their magazine such as Gucci adverts featured in Marie Claire. The format of including seven pages of expensive priced luxuries, like adverts for Gucci, has been brought to IPC’s attention that their ‘fashion-conscious audience’, are likely to be able to afford to splash out on the more expensive price tags within the Gucci range due to the approaching recession. With a wide range to choose from (Clothes to sunglasses), it reminds the audience that an excessive amount of goods follow a wide range of the way in which the product is priced, although some consumers may be willing to pay the price for few items, but it is unlikely that they will spend a huge amount on just one item.
Due to my magazine being a similar version to Marie Claire yet having low production values, I have thought about advertising high street retails shop clothing, which connects to the idea of who my target audience is, therefore knowing that my audience are 16-25 year old, most of them are students, which as a matter of fact, expensive products like expensive brands like Gucci, will be not worth including in my magazine.

No comments: